Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas at Home!

I was able to be home for Christmas!! This was my first time spending this holiday with my family in a few years. It was nice to have the special traditions I grew up with celebrated again:)

Some of my favorite traditions were being locked in a room altogether as siblings. Or the homemade peanut brittle my dad makes. Or the way we celebrate my dad's birthday before we celebrate Santa coming. Or the way we all get pajamas as a Christmas Eve gift and put them on before reading Luke 2 and other Christmas stories.     

This year is the first year I've had to watch what I eat during this sugar infested holiday season. I made the decision before the festivities started to just throw out the smart eating and just chow down on all the sugar and sweets and white flour baked goods my family makes. That was a bad idea. Well, half a bad idea. I have learned my eating habits really do influence my aches and pains and energy levels a ton! So I've had the aches pains and sluggish body this holiday. I now have a great New Years Resolution! Eat right, ALWAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment