Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Curse of Sugar

I love sugar. But it hates me. I am lured in to the sweet smell, the delicious taste, the yearning for more and more. I can't just have one price of cheesecake or one homemade chocolate brownie fudge cookie. I need at least 5 because they are sooooo good tasting! 

Then I'm trapped with the sugary curse. I am weakened and become pained in every muscle. It hurts to move. My stomach revolts. My body aches and my eyelids can't stay open. I'm literally sleeping as I walk every painful step to and from campus. 

So, I try my best to stay away from the manufactured candy. No more Milky Ways. No more Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. :( Then I realized that I probably should stay away from the home baked sweets. No more brownies. No more cookies. Then after this drastic action not completely taking the symptoms away, I realized that in processed flours there are sugars. So then I began taking out all white and or processed flours. I was doing pretty good for quite some time:) well... Like three weeks. Then I decided to eat pizza. I only had two slices. Those slices hit me hard. I am drained. I can't stop yawning!! 

Was the pizza last night worth it? Probably not. 

Do I need to have more self discipline? Yes, yes I do. 

The good side to all this is that I can still have natural sugars. I can eat honey and real maple syrup, which are delicious! So I am coming up with great new recipes and trying to find substitutes that work for my old favorite recipes!! It's actually pretty fun!! I feel like a scientist in the kitchen. And have begun receiving the nickname of the 'sweet health nut' from my roomies:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment