Sunday, March 2, 2014

#CESDEVO

First off, I was on my mission when the whole hashtags thing became popular. I had never heard about Twitter and such until I returned home from New England. Then I find out it's all the rage and I don't see the point of it and try to ignore the tic-tac-toe board lookin thing on all the social media. I thought I was doing pretty good at this avoidance until the CES (Church Education System) fireside/devotional tonight. 

As I'm sitting on the couch watching sister Linda K Burton on the TV teach about the gospel of Jesus Christ, she instructs all that are in attendance or watching via satellite to post on Twitter! But alas I don't have a twitter account. So I decided that my blog was the next best thing:) 

She asked us all to write how we know we have felt the spirit of God. Here's mine: 

When I feel empowered. My body pulses with energy. I am given strength I know is not my own. My heart feels like it's overflowing with joy and doesn't feel big enough to be contained on my body. My mind becomes clear and focused. I am content. 

Sister Burton explained how feeling and recognizing and discerning the promotings of the Spirit of God is like learning another language. I agree:) but the grammar is a lot easier than English. Here's the link to watch her full devotional it's pretty good: https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/ces-devotionals


No comments:

Post a Comment