Sunday, November 17, 2013

GRE

For those of you not familiar with the demonic term 'GRE,' let me explain. It's not really demonic, I'm just being a bit dramatic and over exaggerating the dread that is usually accompanied with this test. The GRE is a test, the needed, required test, to apply to many graduate programs around the country. I had to take it! A necessary evil has been presented in my path towards my goal of being a Speech-Language Pathologist, so I rolled up my sleeves, started studying, and signed up for a test day. 

The fated day for this dreaded test finally arrived this weekend. Yesterday to be exact. Ugh. I was not looking forward to taking it. I had some amazing friends try to help me with my math skills, and some fun apps for my phone to quiz me on my vocabulary. 

As this weekend had been getting closer and closer I have been spending less and less time studying for it. This caused me some concern Friday night as I prepared for the big test day. But I was reminded that I did the best with what I had in doing my preparations, and I took courage. 

Saturday morning I was blest by my amazing visiting teacher and friend giving me a ride to the testing center. I took the test with a mighty prayer in my heart! When I got the preliminary scores back I was satisfied. In fact, I was happy! I got above the score I was aiming for! Wahoo! 

So now no more GRE studying and now no more stress. I can use these scores to apply to graduate schools and eventually become the worlds best Speech-Language Pathologist:)... The next step is actually filling out the graduate school applications... Wish me luck!! 

1 comment:

  1. Well done!!! You are the best, and any school will be blessed to have you.

    ReplyDelete