Friday, November 22, 2013

Packing

The pre-vacation stress comes from my lack of motivation to pack. 


I usually like to pack clean clothes when starting out on my adventures... Which requires doing laundry. Of course, I have to put that off till the last possible moment- the night before I leave. Hence the photo of my bed covered in clean laundry and an open suitcase at midnight the night before I leave. 

Since I lack in motivation to pack, I obviously am taking a break to blog about it:) perhaps my motivation will return by the end if this post... we'll see. 

All this packing is reminding me of my mission. I wish I could visit my mission in the New England states. When I was a missionary I would pack up all of my belongings every 6 weeks to about 4 months and moved to a new city and state. I would go with a new companion and get to meet some pretty amazing people:) I served the people of New England for 18 months straight. Such a wonderful experience! I definitely believe that the more you serve someone the more love you have for that person. And I've got some deep seeded love for the people in the north east:). 

Unfortunately, this packing isn't preparing me for a glorious reunion with friends made on the mission. 

Instead, it is so I can have the lovely reunion of family all together for Thanksgiving and my birthday:). And if the weather is good I'll get to play on the beach in my new swimsuit!!! Which is a very good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment