Monday, November 25, 2013

My Vacation Began!

The first stop on the lovely road of vacation was Temple Square! 


This is the Salt Lake City Temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was hoping they would have their Christmas display up, but it isn't lit until the beginning of December. The light display they have here is sooooo amazing!!! I've only been a few times and every time I am blown away with the beautiful lights and the focus on the nativity displays of Christ in the manger. So beautiful. It reminds me of the beauty if the season around Christmas and the reason we celebrate at this time of year. 

I met some really amazing sister missionaries that are serving on Temple Square as I waited to meet up with my family for dinner. We talked about serving missions, since I just got back in March from my mission. One of the sisters is going home this week. That transition is hard, and I told her about my experience and how rough it was transitioning to non mission life. But I made it! And I don't think I'm too weird:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment