Sunday, October 6, 2013

An Enlightening Weekend

This weekend was enlightening on two fronts: spiritual and physical. Let's begin with the spiritual side of things-- General Conference. 10 hours jam packed full of spiritual guidance and uplifting talks by the living Prophet of God and The Lord's servants and Apostles. Best Ever!


I have been looking forward to this weekend for a while! I asked my Dad to try and get me tickets to actually be seated in the conference center during one of the sessions.  But there weren't any tickets available for me and my three siblings. This is where God intervened and orchestrated several miracles. My roommate ended up not needing or being able to use four tickets to the Saturday Afternoon session. That's just enough tickets for me and my three siblings that we're going to be together. She gave me the tickets!! We scrambled to dress in our Sunday best and headed out the door to the conference center. As we were leaving I ran into a neighbor that was in need of a ride to the conference center. We had one seat left! She joined us and it was so great!!!! Such a tender mercy for all of us:) AND while we were waiting to get in the doors we ran into my uncle! Hadn't seen him in years. Isn't The Lord great?!!


Second is the physical side. I decided since my family was around I wasn't going to be much of a stickler with eating super healthy. I indulged in a milk shake, burgers, ton of breads, and not enough water. As a result my body revolted. Not right away though. I was losing energy at a steady rate and my body was getting sluggish. By Sunday night I am whooped. And I haven't done much other than watch Conference! Usually this would frustrate me, but I know the cause and it's alright. I will readjust my eating habits and gain more energy over the next few days. This is a huge blessing because in a few weeks I'll be with a lot of family and friends for Thanksgiving week and will need to be vigilant with obeying the laws of health for my body to have enough energy!! I thank my God for helping me realize my sensitivity to varying my eating habits now instead of then! It could've been disastrous if I didn't find out before that week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment