Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Waiting for the Sand Man

I'm tired. My shoulders ache. My hands hurt to type. But my body won't let me sleep yet. I have to let my body dictate my schedule. Sometimes I'm up all night, sometimes I'm sleeping for 13+ hours a night it just depends. I haven't figured out what influences my sleep schedule yet.

Today was such a good day though.  I've made sure to rearrange my schedule so that I have my college classes and work in the early afternoon and evening when I'm most awake and capable of learning. So I'm able to sleep in until 9:30am most days. Then I roll out of bed and say my morning prayers thanking my Heavenly Father I was able to wake up and move my body that morning.

I didn't used to be able to move my body when I woke up in the mornings. The last transfer of my mission I pushed myself to get out if bed every morning at 6:30am, then excersize for a half hour. My excersize turned into laying on my back with my knees propped up like I was doing sit ups. But I wasn't even able to lift my head up more than once or twice. When I first got home I would wake up around 7am and lay in bed for several hours unable to move my body to kneel for my morning prayers. I would be in and out of consciousness 'till about noon or 1pm when my body was able to move enough to get me to the bathroom to relieve myself and to the kitchen to eat a very late breakfast. Then the couch became my best friend until I could move back to my bed to begin sleeping for the next night. 

So I think of how far I've come since then!! I can get out of my bed before 10am! I'm succeeding. My definition of success has been revised by God. I am not the superwoman I once was. But, dang, I'm good! Many people with my same deck of cards would still be in bed. I guess it can be argued that I'm Wonder Woman:) 

I can feel my body accepting sleepiness now. Time for bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment