Thursday, October 3, 2013

'Melting'

I started melting today. At least that's what I call it: 'melting'. My body weakens. My joints ache. My mind blurs. And my energy is zapped away little by little. I close my eyes (because I'm blinking) and it takes real effort to reopen them. And even more effort to focus on anything.

If I catch myself beginning to melt I immediately sit down if I'm not already. I learned this, by trial and error, earlier this semester of school. I thought I was just light headed and could just 'push through it' and walk to class no problem. Well. I made it to the classroom fine. But not to my seat. I fainted.  On the stairs in the stadium-like-seating in my classroom. One word to sum up that experience: EMBARRASSING. 

The scene of the incident. 

It was only for a moment and I was even able to catch myself before I face planted it on the stairs below me. But I was mortified. I think of all the things that could've happened! I could have blacked out for longer and face planted all the stairs on my way down. I could have gotten a concussion. I could've broken an arm or leg. What if this happened when and where there was no one else around? I could've sustained some serious injuries!! That night I thanked God that it wasn't a horrible outcome. And I'm now a lot more cautious when I get these 'melting' feelings. 

I sit until I have regained enough energy to make it to the next destination. Today I sat several times. But I didn't faint:) and I wasn't late to any classes or meetings for work. That's several blessings I'm thankful for today. And I got free pizza for dinner. That's always a plus too!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment