Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dancing in Costume

I was not going to the dance. I had wanted to earlier in the week but hadn't written my paper yet and really needed to do homework. But as you can see... I gave in to peer pressure and went to the dance anyways. 

These are me and a few friends at the dance. I threw together a costume in a few minutes and went as pippi long stocking. Braids sticking out of my head, and mismatched knee high socks were all I needed:) I learned the polka and was swept off my feet by a pirate and 'where's Waldo'. 

Being recently back from my mission I was a bit freaked out by the music choice, dance moves and boys. I have been back for about six months but still have to motivate myself to be social and participate in normal social events. I feel like I am not normal. I'm having to find a new normal. I'm not who I was before the mission. Nor am I the person I became on my mission. I am still different, having to put into the equation that I am also having to deal with chronic pain and fatigue makes finding this new normal difficult. BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE!! 

I am finding this new normal slowly but surely. I had fun at the dance. I didn't freak out when boys asked me too dance. That's a step in the right direction. I soaked in a warm tub and wrapped myself in an electric blanket to make sure my muscles didn't give me too much pain after dancing. That's also a step in the right direction:)

No comments:

Post a Comment