Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Too Cold for Comfort

My body is sensitive to the cold. Originally I found this out while on my mission and attributed it to being in New England as a Texan. I went home to Texas and loved being in the warm weather all summer. I was thawed out:) Then moving to up to College I am extremely cold. And the weather is forecasted to be in the 60s. Now it's in the 40s and 50s. It is freezing!! And when it's freezing my joints are stiffening and I have more pain when I move. 

I'm trying new techniques to keep warm and downplay the stiffness and pain. Here's a few of the keepers:

1. An electric blanket. Best invention! I keep it on my bed and turn it on before I climb under the covers. It helps me relax and not freeze while I'm sleeping. 

2. Warm baths. I have begun making it a habit to soak for a bit on the hard days to help loosen up my body. I try to do this before sleeping if I'm pretty stiff or in the mornings if I know I will need a lot from my body that day. 

3. Hot pumpkin spice milk or hot apple cider. A really good tasty way to warm up my insides:) I usually have one of these when I get back home from classes. 

4. Wear a hat. I have begun styling a warm knitted hat around the house. It is so nice to keep me warm, and it's kinda funny lookin' wearing such a warm hat indoors. Thank goodness for my siblings who knitted my warm hat for me while I was on my mission... And I still use it:) 


I feel kind of silly with how cold I am. There is snow in the mountains but not in the ground. Oh well. I'm cold and I'm dealing with it:) haha it'll get interesting when it really starts snowing and gets super cold.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey I just found a yahoo article that talks about chronic fatigue. check it out.

    you are amazing!
    -Jen Christensen

    ReplyDelete